Saturday, September 6, 2008

The Bahamas: Part one

In the beginning of August Jeremy and I went to Bahamas with the Foster clan. It was one of the best vacations we had ever been on. The weather was beautiful and the home we stayed in was unbelievable. As you walked out the back door onto the porch you saw 180 degrees of horizon with no railing to block the view.



To get there we had to ride on a pretty small plane (not as small as some but pretty small)


Once we arrived at the airport...



We took a fairy to Elbow Cay island where we saw the lighthouse.







While we were there we saw some of the most beautiful beaches. It was unreal to sit and be in a place that amazing. This gorgeous little place is called Tahiti Beach.






Relaxing in the shallow waters of Tahiti Beach :)

This was a little conch that Jeremy and I found at Tahiti beach...we felt bad so we didn't keep it.
Here is the small little school house that I would teach at if we lived on Elbow Cay.



Through the streets of Bahamas, the quiet light house.

Lynsey and Mavi walking down the road - yes that is the ROAD!

Here is the road that lead up to our amazing house.

Our adventures on the boat.

Our skipper...he's so cute! :)


Traveling to Man-o-War Cay to get a lifetime guarantee sailor bag.


I had a hard time choosing...shocker! (I picked the red one)

This is one of two little old ladies that sew all the different sail bags. Look at the rusty old sewing machine.
Here is Jeremy standing in front of THE painted tracker (that thing has been there for years)

Jeremy is walking up the hill towards Nippers (they called it that because at night I guess the mosquitoes are terrible) and Guana Cay beach.

Ahhhhhh....
If this is the Terrestrial glory I can't imagine what Celestial glory even looks like.
(Jen walking into heaven...)
I was wearing Jer's shirt and a pair of pants because my back side was a little toasty from snorkeling the day before.

Zoom out Jer


... there we go :) Now there is a good looking man!

This is a picture of the other side of the beach.

Here fishy fishy...

Running on the beach was almost impossible because the sand was so soft; even close to the water. However, Jeremy ran almost every day... psycho.

Hey...whose tush is that? Jen being silly!
Nippers pool and bar.
Yes they actually have a little home for a lizard in the area.

Hope Town Hospital - This is why you don't want to get sick in the Bahamas.

Jeremy, Jen, Lynsey, Mavi, and Gracie all walked through the light house.

Oooo... starting to get sick

In one of the stores they had a picture just like this one that you could buy for like $15 - $20...mine...FREE


The hole was quite small that you had to crawl through to get out at the top.

It was a little scary when you looked down...Jeremy didn't like it too much.

On the third day we traveled to Tahloo Bank, this place was amazing! We saw lots of star fish and shark poop (which we didn't know was shark poop until one of our friends, Timmy, told us.)

Lynsey and I had a blast...just like when we were kids!

Oops, open the shutter!

Ohhhhhh!!!!! :) and no that is not a pool!

It was really BRIGHT out...I love this picture!

After Tahloo Bank we headed off to Sandy Cay out by the open ocean and did some snorkeling. While snorkeling we got to see a momma dolphin with her baby! It was so awesome - the baby actually swam right up to me about 5 feet away it was amazing. After that though I got real sick and had to lay in the boat for a while. On our way home we saw this castle owned by the guy you invented the artificial knee.

Here's the crew on our way home.

The next day we went to pick up the Foster's two good friends. Tyron and Brown Tip. They made the trip unbelievable. Tyron was playing his guitar and Brown tip was playing his saw...yes a SAW.

The first thing they did was help us catch fresh lobster. Tyron would stand on the front of the boat and tell Timmy where to go. It was crazy!

Eventually he got down into his skibbys to get in the water. Haha!

This was one of the first catches of the day. Tyron taught Jeremy how to snag a lobster. This is a picture of Tyron...I didn't get a picture of Jeremy with his lobster because I was in the water watching - it was awesome!

Jeremy and Tyron looking for Lobster cages.

Jeremy also swam down 20 feet to grab conch shells off the ocean floor.
He had to stop at 20 ft because his ears were starting to hurt.

Lynsey and I watched the whole time...I wish I would've brought an underwater camera.

Tyron caught all the fish with a spear - three all together. I had a hard time watching this part...it was kind of sad :( but we didn't waste any of the food!

This is Jen swimming under the water about 3 feet down...the water was crystal clear.
After we caught all the food we swam in the open ocean for about an hour.

Mmmmm...look at all that fish, conch, and lobster!

Timmy clean out everything for us, he was really nice.

This was the biggest lobster that we caught.

Timmy used a knife to cut behind the head of the lobster then twisted the tail off.


No comments: